1- What is the Tayrona National Park?
The Tayrona Natural Natinoal park is located in the city of Santa Marta, the caribbean region of Colombia. The place make part of the Magdalena province.
The Park is located at 34 kms from the city and it is one of the most important parks of Colombia.
2- How is the Tayrona National Park?
It is a natrual paradise in the Caribbean Colombian with a huge beauty. The habitat has a huge quantity of especies along all the differents areas and termics levels that goes from the sea to highs of 900 meters.
Amongts the 15,000 hectares that conforms the park, 3.000 are from the sea. The park is conisdered as one of the ecological reserves of South America, it has a great natural beauty and a amazing flora and fauna. It counts with virgin beaches, an splendid sea, arqueological pplaces, waterfalls and much more. We recommend to visit asap this beautiful landscape, ideal to an ecotourism trip. You won't regret of this travel where you will be able to enjoy this natural reservation with unique landscapes.
3- What to do or visit in Tayrona National Park in 2018?
Althought the park is a natural reservation, it doesn't mean it has no services to practice the ecotourism. It coutns with many natural espectacles and pahts to know the different areas of the park. :
- Arqueological musem of Charaima, located in the Cañaveral sector, near the river Piedras. It has an arqueological expo..
- Sendero Los Naranjos
- Cabo San Juan de Guía, it is the furtherst area and has services of accommodation, bathrooms, and restaurants. .
- Playa Nudista, it is not an official nudist beach but the name and the conditions of the area has create the custom of the nudism in this beach.
- Pueblito Chairama, arqueological ruins of taronas towns that was occupaid more the 500 years ago.
- Playa del Muerto, from 2010 this beach is called "playa Cristal"
- Sector Arrecifes, an area with services of accommodation, bathrooms and restaurants. The beach is not good for swimming due to the strong waves.
- La Piscina, a beach next to the Arrecifes sector where the swimming is allowed.
- Cauce of Piedras river
- Ciudad Perdida, trekking located insithe the forest to discover some of the ruins hidden in the vegetation.
5- Which are the main best Beaches in Tayrona National Park?
Click here to know the Tayrona best beaches in Santa marta Colombia
6- Which are the main tours in Tayrona Park Colombia?
Click here to know the main Tours in Tayrona Park in the caribbean.
7- Which are the best hotels in Tayrona Park?
Click here to a list of the best hotel in Tayrona Park en Santa Marta, Colombia.
8- Recommendations or advise to visit or travel to Tayrona Park.
Recommendations to travel to Parque Nacional Natual Tayrona
9- What to take to Tayrona Park?
Things you must take to Tayrona Park.
- If you are a student, takt your student card for an special entrance fee.
- Sleeping bag, bed sheet
- Long trousers.
- Repelent, hats.
- Little bag (long walks)
- Comfortable shoes
- Money in cash, it is not possible to use credit cards.
- PicNic or food for breakfast or to eat something. Anyway, there are some shops.
- If you can, take tent, it is cheap to sleep there.
- It is forbidden to take alcoholic drings nor plastic bags. The water in bags is also forbidden.
10- How to know the Tayrona National Park?
We recommend to read tis article: Recorriendo el Parque Tayrona, this Guía para viajar al parque Tayrona or this article to Visit the Tayrona.
11- How much it cost to access the park?
You can see all the rates in this same page above.
12- Which is the exact location of the park.
The Tayrona park is located at about 34 kms from the city of Santa Marta, in Colombia. and it is one of the most important parks of all the country.
13- How to get to Tayrona Park.
14- Where to sleep in Tayrona Park
We recommend to the visitors, travelers or tourist of Tayrona Park these Hotels or Accommodations in Tayrona Park and also these Camping areas.
15- Where to camp in the park?
Parque Tayrona Camping
16- What is the distance between the park and the city?
The park is at 10.5 km by car or bus from the city of Santa marta. It takes about 50 minutes in a regular speed.
18- How many time takes from Cartagena to the park?
Distance from Parque Nacional Natural Tayrona to Cartagena: 245 KM = 152 Millas. It takes about 5 hours to get to.
19- How many time it is needed to know the park?
We recommend these Tours en el Parque Tayrona
Also check: Recorrido en el parque Tayrona y How may days in Tayrona?
20- What is the extension of Tayrona Park.
The Tayrona National Park has an extension of 150 kms2 (19,000 hectareas)
21- Importants research refers to Tayrona Park Colombia