It is considered a nature sanctuary for its richness in fauna and flora, making part of the Sierra Nevada of Santa Marta. If you love the adventure, the sea, watching beautiful landscapes and don’t want to miss any details for your travel to be perfect, this is definitely a guide for you.
From April the 1st 2017, it is recommended to have the yellow fever vaccine to enter the Tayrona National Park in Santa Marta (Colombia).
(subjects to change)
- Persons between 5 and 25 years: $ 5,68
- Persons from 26 to 64 years (Colombians and CAN*): $ 7,58
- Non-colombians (no CAN): $ 16,89
- Under 5, over 65 years, colombians and handicapped no need to pay.
- Cars: $ 4,42
- Colectives: $ 11,21
- Buses and busetas: $ 23,67
- Motos: $ 3,16
PEAK SEASON RATES
- Persons between 5 and 25 years: $ 6,31
- Persons from 26 to 64 years (Colombians and CAN*): $ 9
- Non-colombians (no CAN): $ 20
- Under 5, over 65 years, colombians and handicapped no need to pay.
Peak Season dates
- From June the 15th to July the 15th.
- From December the 15th to January the 15th.
- Holy Week, from Friday to Sunday (10 days)
- Weekends with holy days ended in Tuesday.
REGULAR SEASON TICKETS
- Dates not included in peak season.
- * CAN: Bolivia, Ecuador, Perú & Colombia
Contact with Us
Find your accommodation in Tayrona Park.
HOW TO GET?
Address: Magdalena, Santa Marta, Colombia
Telephone number: +57 5 6587887
The Tayrona Natural Natinoal park is located in the city of Santa Marta, the caribbean region of Colombia. The place make part of the Magdalena province.
The Park is located at 34 kms from the city and it is one of the most important parks of Colombia.
It is a natrual paradise in the Caribbean Colombian with a huge beauty. The habitat has a huge quantity of especies along all the differents areas and termics levels that goes from the sea to highs of 900 meters.
Amongts the 15,000 hectares that conforms the park, 3.000 are from the sea. The park is conisdered as one of the ecological reserves of South America, it has a great natural beauty and a amazing flora and fauna. It counts with virgin beaches, an splendid sea, arqueological pplaces, waterfalls and much more. We recommend to visit asap this beautiful landscape, ideal to an ecotourism trip. You won't regret of this travel where you will be able to enjoy this natural reservation with unique landscapes.
Althought the park is a natural reservation, it doesn't mean it has no services to practice the ecotourism. It coutns with many natural espectacles and pahts to know the different areas of the park. :
- Arqueological musem of Charaima, located in the Cañaveral sector, near the river Piedras. It has an arqueological expo..
- Sendero Los Naranjos
- Cabo San Juan de Guía, it is the furtherst area and has services of accommodation, bathrooms, and restaurants. .
- Playa Nudista, it is not an official nudist beach but the name and the conditions of the area has create the custom of the nudism in this beach.
- Pueblito Chairama, arqueological ruins of taronas towns that was occupaid more the 500 years ago.
- Playa del Muerto, from 2010 this beach is called "playa Cristal"
- Sector Arrecifes, an area with services of accommodation, bathrooms and restaurants. The beach is not good for swimming due to the strong waves.
- La Piscina, a beach next to the Arrecifes sector where the swimming is allowed.
- Cauce of Piedras river
- Ciudad Perdida, trekking located insithe the forest to discover some of the ruins hidden in the vegetation.
Click here to know the Tayrona best beaches in Santa marta Colombia
Click here to know the main Tours in Tayrona Park in the caribbean.
Click here to a list of the best hotel in Tayrona Park en Santa Marta, Colombia.
Things you must take to Tayrona Park.
- If you are a student, takt your student card for an special entrance fee.
- Sleeping bag, bed sheet
- Long trousers.
- Repelent, hats.
- Little bag (long walks)
- Comfortable shoes
- Money in cash, it is not possible to use credit cards.
- PicNic or food for breakfast or to eat something. Anyway, there are some shops.
- If you can, take tent, it is cheap to sleep there.
- It is forbidden to take alcoholic drings nor plastic bags. The water in bags is also forbidden.
You can see all the rates in this same page above.
The Tayrona park is located at about 34 kms from the city of Santa Marta, in Colombia. and it is one of the most important parks of all the country.
The park is at 10.5 km by car or bus from the city of Santa marta. It takes about 50 minutes in a regular speed.
Distance from Parque Nacional Natural Tayrona to Cartagena: 245 KM = 152 Millas. It takes about 5 hours to get to.
The Tayrona National Park has an extension of 150 kms2 (19,000 hectareas)
El parque se encuentra ubicado a 34 km del centro urbano de Santa Marta y es uno de los parques naturales más importantes de Colombia. Observa también este video sobre la ubicación del parque Tayrona
- Parque Tayrona Mapa
- Parque Tayrona Fotos
- Parque Tayrona Playas
- Parque Tayrona Videos
- Parque Tayrona Tours
- Parque Tayrona Hoteles
Persons that doesn't need to pay to access the protected areas that confirms the Tayrona National Park are:
1. Children under 5 years, national adults with more than 65 years old, that needs to show an identification.
2. Person that belongs to Natural National Parks, the spouse, permanent partner or family to second level, for only one time in the annual period when visiting a protected area for recreation reasons and having an authorization by the General Direction..
3. Public server and National Parks employees working.
4. Students and teachers of public or private institutions to attend the 1 and 2 levels.
5. Inhabitants of the towns under 10.000 population located in the areas by the National Parks Systems.
6. Volunteers keepers and investigators working in activities in the areas of Natural National Parks. .
7. Handicapped nationals or foreigners if they satisfy the conditions of the Protected Area.
8. Members of inhabitant communities living inside the protected areas or in the nearby.
9. Representatives of public or private organism, national or not that donates goods to benefy the Natural National Parks to help the funtion of keep and protect the areas of the Natural National System with the subjetct of verifying the destination of resources, always with the authorization of the General Management.
10. Public serves in official works.
11. Foreginer public serves in official works.
12. The owners of privates places located inside the protected areas, spouse and family to fourth level.
13. Inhabitant of the region that must access the park in a pass activity.
14. Army forces and employees of companies, association, etc. that counts with installations located inside the protected area that must access to make his funtions.
15. Honorary park keepers for a year from his designation.
16. Diving trainers, national or not that makes part of the crew of the boat. They must send to National Parks a list to identify the crew with numbers of I.D..
17. Jourgnalist making his job, with acreditacion.